Saturday 11 October 2014

Change... Is it good or bad?


"Its funny how day by day, nothing changes. But when you look back, everything is different"- CS Lewis

It's a simple fact of life: Change will happen whether we want it to or not.

Over the course of this year so much has changed in terms of my friendships. I thought I was going to be good friends with this girl for a long time but this year something changed and now she no longer talks to me. At first, I refused to believe that this was the case. I was certain that by the beginning of term 2 things would go back to the way they were last year. They did go back to the way they were occasionally, but for no longer than a week. Then things got really bad recently, stuff happened (sorry about being vague but its really personal) that confirmed that we may never be friends again. Some days I accept this fact, other nights I cry myself to sleep wondering what I did wrong. Its now October and even those this happened in February I am still not completely over it and may still not be for some time.


 However, this quote sums up exactly what happened. Yes, I lost a good friend and I'm still struggling to accept this fact but during this time I have formed new friendships and strengthened old ones with other friends. I'm learning who are my real friends and who I can trust. I still haven't completely figured this out but I know that next year things might completely change again, but this time I'll be prepared.

i don't normally write such personal things on this blog but I felt like I had to write this down because I have had a hard time explaining this to people in real life.

On a happier note I would like to thank all my friends who have put up with all of my complaining and listened when I have been upset. I don't know how I would've coped without you. :)

10 comments:

  1. I think this happens to all of us. I know for a fact that I'm no longer really friends with many of the people I was with last year, the year before, or even just a term ago. Change can be hard but when one door closes, another opens, and I'm glad you've discovered that.

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog saroo! Good attidute S u just have to move on and put it behind u and foucus on the great things in life!!!!!!!! and remember your true friends will always be there no matter what happens or how much you or they change;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I'm so sorry that you lost a friend :(
    I am a new follower of you blog now, and I can't wait to see you post more!
    I would appreciate a follow me back if you have time to spare :)
    - July, http://julyaemmance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for following me and for your nice comment. I'll followed your blog and love your posts.
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  4. I just read this post and I really like it I think change is always good it just might take time to realise it. I have been to 4 schools in 4 years and although at first every time I changed school I was terrified it has got even better each time. I believe that change is what we make of it love this blog post xx
    Please go follow me http://anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your story is very inspiring I couldn't imagine going to 4 schools in 4 years. I love your blog and have started following you.

      Delete
  5. I know exactly what you're going through, my best friend completely cut me off when I moved from school to sixth form and it's been bothering me for well over a year! I have dreams that we're still friends, relatively often and it honestly feels worse than a break up. It's even harder to deal with when I haven't made any additional friends, at least no where near as close but one day it will stop hurting and I'll be over it and I'll be glad she left my life because I don't deserve to be treated like that. Great post!!

    My blog is http://assortedscribblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually what it feels like once I lost her friendship I realised how it impacted my confidence and found it hard to make additional friends.
      Thankyou so much for commenting and visiting my blog,
      Tshi1

      Delete