Friday 22 August 2014

Acheiving our dreams

Earlier this week, we had a guest speaker at school talking to us about how we should work towards our dreams for as little as 5 minutes a day in order to achieve them in the distant future.


It got me thinking about my own dreams and aspirations for the future. At first I thought that I had little goals that I wish to achieve in the distant future and as for the near future my only real goal is to achieve good grades, but then it occurred to me that no matter what I do in the future in some way, shape or form I want it to include writing and I know that whilst my writing (grammar and punctuation in particular) may not be perfect at the moment or to the standard of which I could write a novel worth publishing, I believe if I continue to practice that someday I might be able to pursue my dreams of writing a novel. This is partly why I started this blog, because I wish to continue to practice and improve my writing.
So now it is over to you my (few) readers. I encourage you to realise and acknowledge ( I know they are basically the same thing) your dreams and act on them.



3 comments:

  1. I missed the speech but I hear it was inspirational. Thanks SW for sharing this bit of motivation with me. I think my dream is still grades though. I'm a little pathetic like that. But I'm glad you've found a passion of sorts in writing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support u!!! Sure you'll be an amazing writer!:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou both sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete